Wednesday, February 21, 2007

21st Feb 2007

The rain has faded once again and the water that shimmered along the leathered branches ceased. I see the last drop fall from and oaken limb and wonder...If a raindrop can travel as vapour a thousand miles over the ocean borne by the Atlantic winds my spirit may travel anywhere.

Once the rain had gone we saw a cool day with ambered light filtering through the clouds that weaved sparse filigree across the sky. Mr Blackbird has feasted on my Christmas pudding for days and shows no sign of growing sated. He looks at me through the kitchen window and it’s silly but he knows who his benefactor is. Just as well he enjoys it then. He has one annoying habit and that is chasing away the robins and thrushes that also come. That’s what they mean by pecking order I guess. Sometimes I hate the working week and the way we only get to see the smallest part of the natural world at the beginning and end of the day. I feel a need at the minute to be in the garden and working on some small project. Just to be able to sit and observe all that is growing and going on. I feel that a garden needs witness and testament and cant wait for the light evenings to return and last through to 9pm.