Monday, May 21, 2007

21st May 2007
It is a beautiful evening with light blue skies and sunny interludes. Now I can appreciate having a wireless laptop as it allows me to sit in the garden and write while birds sing and breezes sigh. I feel almost as though I have rented some writers retreat and may sit amongst beautiful sights and sounds for inspiration. It has been quite a sad day as I went to the funeral of my aunt this morning. Aunt Cynthia was 86 and although we were not close still she was a formidable woman. One thinks now of all the kindness she showed to me as a child, even though it is now tempered by her disapproving comments in later years. Mainly about getting married and having children. Still we are as we are shaped and she played a large part in those early formative years. Goodnight and God bless Cynthia and say hello to mum for me.