Saturday, July 07, 2007

7th July 2007
Weeks and weeks of ceaseless rain have poured from the heavens. Perhaps that sounds like an exaggeration but I am being perfectly accurate. There are the odd intervals of sunshine and these always seem to occur when I am at work or driving to and from work. It’s not been very good summer so far…alfresco dusk suppers, hearty breakfasts consumed in the garden have been absent. One can only hope that it brightens up soon. As I make my sandwiches for work each day (salad on brown rolls if you want to know,) a grey squirrel sits atop the garage roof peering at me through the window. Most days it has sat there in the rain and looked so bedraggled, crouched upright on its hind legs like some type of miniature English marsupial. I relented yesterday and put out a dish of pine kernels and it had a feast. So this morning I put out some more but he hasn’t been around yet. I keep an eye out though.
With all this wet weather, both birds and insects have been almost absent. Which begs the question where do they go? Maybe I should try to get out more eh! Well I will if it ever stops raining.