Wednesday, January 02, 2008

I’m just having a quiet moment at work waiting for some data to load and am wondering what this year will bring. A pair of clean lungs and a heightened sense of taste and smell will be good. Will I finish the year healthier,richer and wiser. Probably not, but I can keep trying. Life, (in whatever shape it takes for each of us,) is I think more a matter of continuing to move (regardless of the direction one is actually carried in) for it seems we only become truly lost when we stop and begin to question things. So I guess for me I shall be losing my way a few times over the coming year ahead. Is that one of the enigmas of life do you think? That the more we try to understand why we have been given such a brief and painful existence the briefer and more painful it becomes. Who knows?
Watched some great programmes on Sky HD over the holiday. Some of the natural history programmes are absolutely breathtaking. I would never have believed a few years ago that we would be able to watch such sharp images on a TV. Where will it stop I wonder? At some point the resolution of new equipment will exceed our very own eyes capability to see it and will there be any point in going further. At some stage we must have to say that we have bettered our perception of perfection and that has huge ramifications for so many things we now take as mystical.