Thursday, February 07, 2008

Thursday 07.02.2008

Sorry haven’t written anything for some time...not very consistent of me. Partly it was due to losing the internet connection for around a week. Strange how the modern world works and one has to ring somebody in India to get things put right. Boy are these foreign call centres infuriating. It seems a crazy way to run a business. Claudia Winkleman wrote a very funny piece about it in the Independent yesterday. I’ll try to find it online. Got it...read it please

http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/columnists/claudia-winkleman/claudia-winkleman-take-it-from-me-778469.html

Elsewhere all the signs of the coming spring are manifesting themselves a little more each coming day. I especially enjoy the expanding brightness of the evening and morning. Coming home from work in daylight is uplifting and there is months of it to come. I always imagine at this time of the year what it would be like not to have to go to work again till October. Every day spent watching the world and making peace with it all. Nice dream. I also miss Jenny at this time of year because we would begin to walk around the lake towards the end of February. We could go and make it back before it got too dark.

I haven’t been up too very much over the last few weeks. Work is busy but I did buy a relatively cheap electric piano and have been reading a teach yourself book. My mind is full of crotchets and quavers...it’s all so complicated at first. I would like to be able to play some music though so we’ll se how it goes.

Hope you’re well and it’s getting a little warmer. Take Care