Sunday, June 22, 2008

For the solstice


So to where, must the time fly? When days now chase the trail of nights coming a little further from its end every day. For the hounds of winter are again up and running and yes, they move fast, but never so fast that we cannot see them. Diminishing days will bring again teeth of ice snapping at sunset painting autumn skies orange to echo the golden leaves that fall. For me, I shall enjoy this summer and though all is measured finite and will wither in time without, within me it shall always be the dawn of that first kiss and the birth of love that rose like a phoenix from barren ground to warm our footsteps through all seasons. So do not tell me time flies, for I already know and how I welcome the fact its sweeping wings hold my love safe and bring him swiftly to me. For through living a lifetime will come eternity and what we are and what we shall ever be is immortal. For lives are made of moments of joy folded together from the routine between the precious days we share