Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I got this wonderful smile within my heart
Yet most cannot see it or know it is there.
It is my beautiful secret shared only with a few.
It means when I am sad or feeling unfairly treated
I look within and feel the warmth that radiates there
For the special people who bring joy and laughter to life.
It would surprise some (but not all)...if they knew
That this tall, quiet man was sparkling with joy within.
For I can look within my heart and it is forever summer.
Clear blue skies, time spent resting against oak trees
While the songbirds create complex masterpieces
Which soar to the heavens and wrap around dreams.
Spiral endlessly upward through the whitest clouds
Into the cool rarefied air’s that lie still overhead.
See the glimmer of honeybee wing or drops of dew
Reflected in shafts of auburn light
Filtering through the cool green leaves
To dapple the forest floor with dark and light.
Sweetly haunting me and soothing away
Any breath of doubt, making the smile within
Don’t ever go away now you are a part of me.
I feel you tonight, your spirit wrapped around me
And comfort of your touch drives away emptiness
Of one alone who waits for that sweet night
When I can but hold someone
Within my arms and never let go.
To gaze upon a sweet sleeping face
With a heart full of pride and joy
Know that nothing could ever make me
Hurt this wonder held close to me.
For if you were here asleep ever
I would watch over you and nothing...
Would ever hurt you
While you were in my care.