Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Found this in my musings and thought I’d share it

The lake is quiet today and the north-western wind blows hard across the water tingling ears and nose and yet enlivening the soul in its freshness at the clearing that looks towards the rocky outcrop. The sun has appeared from out of the clouds and the world takes on a completely different appearance. The water is buffeted by the wind and I can see some Canadian geese bobbing out in the centre of the lake. I love looking around at the contrast of colours the lake has. That was easy today as the weather showed every facet of its character in small amounts. Hail, snow, rain, wind and occasionally, glorious sunshine. I so love these kinds of days. Jenny is absolutely filthy black but let her wander and enjoy these couple of hours as I am. Her happiness is among the dirt and leaves and mine among the stars.

I am on a flight that takes me higher than the tallest skyscraper and deeper than the valleys that lie underneath the vast oceans. I know we have to walk upon the earth and attend the daily rituals that make us who we are but amid the clamour of the world there are clear voices calling and I shall follow them forever. For my eyes are wide open and my heart laid bare to all that is and nothing could ever stop me loving.

The heart is not blind for like a bat in the dusk it feels and it hears and its aim is sure. My heart has heard voices and thoughts and it cries with the tenderness those caresses bring each day. Across the world comes the greatest emotion from words written millennia past. Great books of scriptures housed in the greatest churches and temples and for these words people lay down their lives and devote themselves to the promise and the dream of eternity. If billions can be so moved by the words and deeds of one man then is what we hear now so hard to believe.

For I have read your thoughts and heard your words and thus devote myself to happiness forever. For that would be the sweetest devotion to goodness for me and then eternity is assured for I would never leave your side in this world or the next. My life is yours, do what you will for I give it freely without doubt. My whole existence is beginning to pivot around you like the universe revolves around a single bright star. You my single bright star guiding me to the safest shore where there exists only the greatest love...