Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Well I finally got the beehives out of the garage after 15 years and put them up on display on the allotment. It took hours to paint them white, but they look really cool. Mike also got some Ghost Koi carp (only tiddlers,) for the pond the frogs appear not to like. They look cool and ghostly under the water and can swim really fast but most of the time they appear to be hiding. About the strangest thing Sunday was watching a mini tornado swirl a pile of dry beech leaves in a version of arboreal twister. But it was a good weekend with lots of sun and gentle winds. Little did I know the storm was coming today?

The council in its infinite wisdom has taken the top 20 feet of the garden to make a bridal way (for horses) that crosses the top of the garden and through the demolished wall into the cemetery. No consultation or warning if you please. I am a little annoyed by it, but it’s done now as they’ve ripped up the fences and smashed down the wall... I think I am stunned by it all at the minute. I cant believe they’ve smashed up the garden and never mentioned it. Welcome to local democracy...it’s like being in another country.