Friday, December 17, 2010

17th Dec 2010

Snow’s back for the weekend. Very heavy snow showers Sunday although I have to say it keeps changing every time I look. In fact it snowed yesterday and when I took the dog for a walk it was good to see where I was going for a change. The moon is now 82% full with a full moon in 3 days time so it looks evening walks will be bright this weekend. I just put a moon phase on here...cool!
One more week to go till 10 days rest...can’t wait. I bought myself a first edition Elizabeth David for Christmas. It’s her first book ‘A book of Mediterranean food’ and really it is quite accurate to say it was the beginning of the food writing genre in Britain where novel and recipes merged into a wonderful storybook. Must have been something else in the 1950’s when it came out and gave the UK its first glimpse at the wonders of olive oil and other Mediterranean ingredients. If you look it up you’ll see her first editions go for some sums but this one wont...as it is a bit tatty. But hey it’s mine.