Saturday, April 02, 2011

1st April 2011
Great I get to fifty and the following day get an abscess on my gum and currently have a face that resembles the elephant man. You can’t make it up (that’s not a pun by the way)...anyway have taken Friday off work because the swelling has now closed one eye. I’ve been to see the dentist who gave me some antibiotics with the proviso to return in 2 weeks because we might have to remove that tooth. This would be the tooth he spent the best part of an hour repairing a month ago. There doesn’t seem to be a notion of what is best for the UK patient anymore just what is going to make the most money for the practitioner. Crazy old world.

2nd April 2011
Thanks to the wonders of modern medicine the swelling is reducing and I am beginning to look about as normal as it gets for me. Quiet weekend methinks. Not that there is much of a window of opportunity for gardening as the weather is forecast wet and windy for the weekend. I’ll write another part of the new chapter of my book. It’s progressing slowly but still progressing. A work in very slow progress. Here are a couple of lines

Rather take this time to remember the joy of the forest and that trees are indeed the heart of the world. They stand as sentinels to all that we hold to be good and strive to protect. There is a power here still that you cannot comprehend but it may soon again be unleashed and that being the case; we had better make sure we are on the right side of it.” As if to reinforce his words the lowest branch of a mighty Beech tree brushed, perhaps almost caressed, the wizards hat.

The news is very depressing from all directions currently so enjoy the growth of the Rheum below – I am always amazed by the speed of spring growth and I love the vibrant red colour of the Rheum plant in spring which turns to green in the light. A marker to show that despite all the madness in the world caused by the beliefs of man, life and growth for the right reasons is unquenchable.