Saturday, November 17, 2012


I took my neighbour to the acupuncturist the other day. His practice is in Wheelton near Chorley but I have never been into the village before. It’s a nice place and I just thought isn’t it amazing where you have never been despite being so close to. She was in there an hour so I did get a bit bored and took some photographs to pass the time.

  • The clock tower in the background behind the road sign is a war memorial.
  • The police station is for sale and has planning permission for 2 residential semi detached houses (see link below)
  • The Red Lion pub actually has a red lion statue on the top.



It’s amazing what is for sale when you look through their property portfolio. The number of pubs and police stations, schools etc is amazing. A lot of them in really good places too. Our local pub is being turned into small flats. Big money to be made in all this. Someone will always turn a profit in anothers misery.