Saturday, December 14, 2013

Stars


The night breathes exhaling cosmic starlight
And celestial air chimes in reverenced music
I shall lie down to watch over the heavens
Shall commit each star to memory for all time
I shall ponder of which one I originated from
Always my heart is warm though the night chills
But it cannot shrivel a thought that takes shape
Oh! To have a plan to fly a soul to heaven by
One that comes from the very universe itself
But truth comes slow like dawn over frosty hills
Witless I wither reason in the icy domain of night
For the route is within each and every one of us
Written in every star forged atom that makes us
It is the want of a life to return to the stars
Though it takes billion of years to revisit there
I shall lie down to watch out over the heavens
For one day I will make the long journey home