Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Summer wanes and was for us (no matter how long it seemed (‘twas but a fleeting beat on the wings of time’s wider dream. A cool breeze and the invitation from the owls floating calls shall draw me out to look upward into the heart of the night. For the sky holds safe our thoughts and dreams and though they may darken or expand in the cool night still they linger deliciously on the unconscious attempts to find peace that take over as we gaze upward toward the immeasurable pinpricks of light. Myriad points of reference that perhaps hold unknown alien contemporaries also striving toward some sense and understanding of their wider world. Yet for now the larger questions shall subside into the dusky ambience and I shall think of just my little consciousness occupying this point in time. I shall simply sit on the cool grass and gaze upward and as the expanse above me unfolds for millions of miles into the void. For if I can see just a little glimpse of heaven I shall have grown. Though there is no light I shall enjoy all the other senses of touch, smell, sound and taste. From the mist as it lazily wreathes a ghostly shadow across my feet. Or the touch of the wet grass as it dampens clothes and the sound of nights creatures from the smallest insect that thrums around me in the dark to the decaying distant call from a large tawny owl heightening my sense of completeness among the mortal waking dream termed life.I let myself go and in the dark I can see everything in this thought world and it is made whole by my touch. It is a perfect, healthy world filled to the brim with joy and so perfect in its application. It is of course an illusion but for the moment it seems to good to let go and it washes over me. For who shall deny the optimism of a perfect world where there is no pain and we all belong and understand one another without guilt, fear or prejudice. It is a common world created in the subconscious because the real world is at times beyond our comprehension. Truly though I say all this, the scariest times are when we understand it.