Monday, January 29, 2007

29th January 2007
A brief few days of frost are now forgotten as the warmer weather returns once again. I spent a few hours in the garden yesterday meandering under the trees with a flat, grey sky overhead that let fall a constant light rain. I climbed the short hill weaving from trunk and bough and stopping at every stately trunk to admire it. So much has changed in the 25 years since these now tall wooden sentinels were slender wands of leaf and twig. I can remember walking around the garden then and towering over them all and yet see now they raise their protective branches above my head and shield me from the raindrops. I envy their vigour and innate need to grow and mature in the light. I shall through the summer months take a walk around the garden and photograph all the trees and post it as a walk. Trees are the skeleton the rest of the world sits upon. We need to look after them.