Tuesday, January 02, 2007

2nd Jan 2007

The New Year is here and it’s all uphill toward summer from here. Longer evenings of light (ok a little imperceptible at the minute I will grant you but they are coming. At approximately 3 minutes a night...something to think about while the wind and rain seems to trammel us indoors. Spent most of the holiday time quietly at home with Mike but also spent three days in the Isle of Wight with Nick over Christmas which was very enjoyable. An island within an island is probably the best way to describe the people and the culture there. One interesting misconception about England is that the south of the country is filled with educated genteel types and the north of the country is full of thick oafs...don’t believe a word of it. From my observation the ratio is pretty evenly spread although a bit more of the state revenue pie dished up for the north of the UK would be good. But no moaning just yet it’s the New Year and my spirits are lifted. Even more so, if I have a holiday in February as we have planned. For the minute take a look at the picture I took on my phone near my house the other weekend. I saw 20 rainbows that weekend and was sure it was a sign of good things to come...i'm still waiting. HAPPY NEW YEAR