Friday, March 14, 2008

14th Mar 2008(5am)

Just one week to Good Friday...can’t wait for the day off. Hope the weather is fine, dry and warm. I might get some planting done then. I went up the other night to finish off the planting of some box bushes all around the plot where the animals are asleep. While I was up there I disturbed a pheasant in one of the pine trees. Boy, what a racket it made as it flew away. For birds that get shot so often you’d think they would have learned to be a little quieter.

At work I have been editing the new internal website and typing up the new employee handbook. That has kept me busy most of the week. Work is doing well despite all the gloom in the air. Apart from the rising food prices and houses for sale everywhere, all else seems about the same. Perhaps it is the quiet before the storm.

Made some bread in my new oven....not bad; but better in the old one! Guess I have to spend another 20 years now learning its foibles.

Hope you’re keeping well and have a great weekend