Saturday, April 05, 2008

Saturday 5th Apr 2008

1 week into April so soon. Despite the mild feel to the week we have snow forecast for the weekend so perhaps we might see some today. Still it hasn’t stopped the frogs from laying down more spawn. There is more this year than ever before. Most of it has now hatched but I noticed some fresh frogspawn the other evening. Must have been a couple of late arrivals.

Watched a great film the other day called ‘Stardust.’ Billed as the fairytale that won’t behave. Very funny and also nice to watch a film with a happy ending for a change. Nick enjoyed it too which says more than i ever could.

http://www.stardustmovie.com/intl/uk/

I also watched ‘Hairspray’ (the latest remake) with John Travolta and enjoyed that very much too. I don’t think I would have watched that normally but Nick bought it and we watched it the other weekend.

It’s 6am I'm at home and I am awake early although I might go to bed again shortly but I might not bother and make some bread. Nick is taking some bread to the ‘Inn at Whitewell’ this morning so have a look at the link below. It is set in a beautiful part of the Ribble valley. Would love to spend a weekend there sometime soon in Summer or late Spring. It’s Prince Charles favourite inn apparently. Beautiful drive from Clitheroe to Whitewell (one of my favourites)

http://www.innatwhitewell.com/

Have a great weekend.