Thursday, November 13, 2008

What lies in the wood and takes heart in the soul?
Looks toward a crescent moon and makes a wish
For the other when the very wish could be theirs
Or gives of their all till there is nothing left to give
Makes a smile grow strong within a furrow of sorrow
With water wrung free from a gentle, giving soul

What waits and hungers for the smallest affection?
Given not enough to demand such devotedness
For under the stars sits a rainbow upon your shoulders
I should be ashamed and yet you show your strength...
Your love toward me through every minute of every day
Love everlasting as inviolable as night and as deep as sleep

What hides within the indigo night calling me ever onward?
Tis the spirit of you and I see the hand framed within moonlight
Faltering it waits as I stretch out my hand to take hold of you
For even in the dark alone and amid the howling of wolves
I do not feel fear or doubt anymore for that which is blessed
Has took me for thine own and I shall never be unloved

What waits within the highest clouds that bestride the dawn?
Warmed by the rays of the sun breaking upon a green world
Golden kisses of light that touch your skin and shower
Across your senses like the beginning of summer in autumn
For you can never not be unheeded, for the time is finally come
For no more doubts, for I take your heart within my world

What waits within the gladden years that shall pass us by?
The wonder of you taken by the joy of me, for we are alike
Two souls flying free on a wind of change that keens and bears
Us ever upward toward eternity and beyond for we foundlings
Cried lonely tears within a bitter world and the universe listened
See the stars fly by so fast as your hand holds mine always