Saturday, April 04, 2009

The daffodils are the vanguard
Of a tithe of the army of growth
Spring has marched into the world
Under a fair green flag of truce
With a vibrant drum of rebirth
Rejoice in the now climbing sun
It resonates across hill and valley
Calls to the hidden to pour forth
Coaxes once again leaves to tree
Insects to climb in the warming airs
And every heart that hears it stirs and...
Awakens to the spring that is here

Friday 3rd April 2009

Well we are enjoying a warm spring spell of weather at the moment. The pond in the garden has cleared up fantastically well...I can now see the bottom again. The arum lilies I bought are beginning to grow and everywhere I look I see signs of growth. I saw my first bat from the kitchen door last night and I saw 6 magpies in the tree at work. A good omen for gold (money) especially as Nick and I saw 5 the other weekend which is silver, so money all round although it depends which magpie rhyme you read...but that’s the one we know. (See below) We’ll stick with that one. Here is the full rhyme but you probably have your own.
One for sorrow Two for joy Three for a girl Four for a boy Five for silver Six for gold Seven for a secret never to be told Eight for a wish Nine for a kiss Ten for joyful bliss...

A few photos from the week....the red alien looking plant photo is a rhubarb. Have a great weekend.