Wednesday, October 14, 2009

I was amazed that there is no frost this morning after it being so clear last night before bed. It must have turned a little milder during the night. The trees seem to be holding on to their leaves. The Beech trees along the cemetery wall are still clothed and the colour may become a magnificent orange and yellow. I’ll try to remember to take a photo over the weekend.
I am full of a cold at the moment (but I have magic socks) and keep warm during the night. It seems to make all the difference if one’s feet are warm. Now who kept telling me that?

I have posted this prose before but not in a writing mood tonight and I like this. I have twiddled with it somewhat (of course!) I wonder how many writers if given the chance would entirely rework a best-selling book. I'll put the full version on tomorrow.

I have been up to the garden with a backdrop of gentle rain but it is surprisingly mild tonight.