Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Inward I can gaze on my life’s works

Surely twas lived in hope and peace

I had brought something to the world

And to those people who intertwined

Around my soul it was a union of joy



Yet outward all I see is an exodus

Slow movements away across time

Into the hush of a quieter tomorrow

For now am I lost to my great works?

And you cannot ever now save me



Clocks stop for I shall never choose

Which lifeline I shall reach out to

So I will tarry a little while longer

Floundering in the blackest of seas

Till time and its fickle tides turn



Sweep me away and out to sleep

Receding the physical into reverie

Yet my memories tarry evergreen

While I still see the lessening shoreline

Yet must fade forever as I sink to oblivion



And my last thought in time shall be

How I wish that I could have let you see

All the dreams and the hopes I had stored

For us, for the world, for all eternity

That every word said and written was true



Even though it never came to fruition still...

I would see you all again one day I pray

A flicker of remembrance lights the end

Of this journey into the unfolding rebirth

It is your gentle faces and it brings me peace