Saturday, December 12, 2009

The sun’s declination nears completion

Soft sunny days lie on watercolour mists

With the low suns and cold days know

The awakening of our world to rebirth

Is closer, yet still long months to come

Thoughts of such a world comforts me

For when can we ever grow if not now?

I grow with every revolution of the earth

My life dances with the cycles of the moon

Slender, slight crescent to full and bright

Radiating my path with a silvered light

Its touch tells me I am alive and full of joy

For only the universe derives my destiny

And that you are part of that destiny is all

That I shall ever need to remind me

That you are so, so very special to me

However long we have been friends

Thank you for the love and attention

You have always given without thought

I love you in all ways that are within me.

Some with my life, some with my very soul

For us special and loved have found each other

To share and grow in joy in a harsh world

My world is yours to take and all my hopes

I Share with you, my friends…it is forever.

And in finding the world, then so it rewards us

With larks, trumpets and peace of the eternal

For we are the blessed, we have the world

In all its sweet scented, glorious greenery

And always at Christmas, we have each other.