Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Tuesday 23rd Mar 2010

We had a beautiful sunset last night and I did mean to write about it but got waylaid with altering a picture of the sunset to see if I could improve it...you can judge for yourself below. What the eye sees is not what the camera sees. Cameras seem to capture an image as though you were stood half a mile further back and the colours never seem quite as vivid as those seen by the eye. Probably the closest one comes to capturing the moment are transparencies (slides) and I think that is simply because the field of sight is so large. Rather like going to the cinema to watch a movie and then watching it on a small TV at home. I wonder what a digital projector would be like. Good I think, but to get a high quality one would probably be expensive.

I think we have rain and sunshine for most of the week. I didn’t get much of anything done at the weekend so hopefully we might get a couple of dry evenings up in Robbie’s garden. Oh yes, I think he owns it now! Last night in the garden the frogs were croaking away in the dusk, but fell ever so silent as a large heron flew overhead. How can they know that?