Friday, June 01, 2012


Just been watching a programme with Ina Garten called “the Barefoot Contessa.” Interesting woman I think. From White House nuclear advisor, to shop owner, to celebrity cook. Seems to have a very desirable and privileged life in the Hamptons and if nothing else; she looks like a woman who actually enjoys food and cooking...can’t say fairer than that. It’s full fat all the way with Ina literally! I even tried one of her recipes for lemon chicken and I have to say it was truly disgusting. Quite the vilest thing I have ever eaten. So either I got the recipe wrong or the recipe was crap. I don’t think I or Nick got the recipe wrong so.....
We had the 2 fat ladies here in the UK for a time and for me it is more enjoyable anyway to watch mumsy women cooking. She got a lot of bad press last year over refusing a dying boy a wish but I’ll take all that with a pinch of salt. She seems way to astute to knowingly miss an opportunity like that.