Sunday, January 11, 2009

Friday 09th Jan 09

Whoa! Where did the week go…? Here we are and it’s Friday again and both I and Nick have been non-smoking just over a week now. Already my feet and hands are warmer my teeth and eyes are whiter and I get up stairs with ease. Don’t get the wrong idea I was ok before quitting but I can tell a difference now. It’s just the increased blood and oxygen (and bank balance.)

Enjoy the verse i made

Cool to smoke
Cool to choke
Brother monoxide
And brother dioxide
Say sophistication
Is smoke inhalation
Carbons tell us lies
Someone always dies


Weather has become much milder with damp and foggy mornings but I think the forecast is to turn cooler again at the weekend. I started work at 7am this morning so hopefully can shoot off a little earlier this afternoon. Yes right not that early…probably around 4pm or so. Hope so. Going to Nick’s tonight so writing this in my break and posting it at lunch…

Have a good weekend

Wednesday 07th Jan 09

Set off to work this morning at 7am with an overnight light fall of snow being slowly dissolved by gentle rain. It has finally got a little milder once again. It is also getting perceptibly brighter in the evenings now even though we are only a couple of weeks past the equinox. In one month we shall have daylight in the evening when I make my way home. I can’t wait.

Slow passes frost
As January advances
Gentle rain, warmer winds
Took the winter thing
And in its place
Gave taste of spring

I have found the blog of the moment on the BBC website. It is by the business correspondent Robert Peston…a rather controversial fellow but who nevertheless seems to give accurate information. Follow the link below. I refuse to be doomy and gloomy today though so shan’t think of economics.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/thereporters/robertpeston/