Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Monday 11th May 2009

The garden is erupting into green like a verdant firework at the moment. All the rain has recharged the earth and now the plants dig deep and pump their leaves full of goodness. How fresh and delicately green does a new leaf look...with the sun backlighting it so all the veins show. It’s great at the minute to sit and watch the world from behind a mosquito net (draped over the swing) as it makes me somewhat invisible. Whether it is robins feeding their young in the nearby bush or a weasel snaking around the margin of the pond every day is a new chapter. The robin is particularly funny as it looks at me before flying in the bush as though imploring me not tool look where it is going. I do like robins as they are such a brave and friendly bird and I think given enough time and titbits they would eat from my hand eventually. It’s 4.30am but already the sky is lightening and the birds are up. I’m not and I shall linger in bed for a while longer, make a cup of tea and read a chapter of Lord of the Rings. I managed to buy a first edition (sixteenth impression) of the first book of the trilogy at a good price the other week and have been trying to see any difference between it and the revised second and subsequent editions. I haven’t as yet but I never tire of the book.