Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Wednesday 20th May 2009

Well back to work again this week but it has not been too bad I suppose. The weather has been swinging between wet and sporadic spells of sunshine. I planted some Geraniums the other week but it has been so wet that they were in danger of floating out of the containers. Last night saw me stood in the rain with the drill making drainage holes with a swarm of very hungry midges comforted that dinner had finally arrived for them. I’m not sure the forecast is showing an improvement any time soon either and we are coming to the Spring Bank holiday this weekend. I took some photos of a frog and the raindrops in the pond just to show you the weather. Also me hiding behind the monkey puzzle tree trying to hide my fat tummy (to no avail)

And so the long promise of summer warmth
Again eludes our land as all our eager hopes…
Fade into grey closed skies that breathe gloom;
Over a misty watercolour vista painted in May

eBay sales going for the most part well I feel, though one of the recipients has been a little challenging. I think to succeed one would have to do it full time as the whole process is time consuming. But boy, am I going to be able to wrap Christmas present a whole lot better this year. (Well assuming I remember to buy them in the first place.) I got some bits and pieces for you by the way…must remember to send them on very soon. What are they? Ha! You’ll have to wait my dear.

Hope you’re keeping a little dryer than I and enjoy the rest of the week.