Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Wednesday 13th May 2009

I am having the week off and the Weather thus far has been breezy but warm but this morning all that is about to change. I did think I might get a few late mornings spent fast asleep but not a chance...early to rise every day. But at least I get to see the sun this morning even though now at 8am the clouds are moving in fast. Been busy baking some wholemeal bread, watching the birds and packaging some stuff I sold on eBay. Got quite a bit listed at the minute and will be busy the next few days packaging it all up and I wonder to what far flung destination some of the items it will end up in. Still it has to go and I don’t want to become some nutter who shuffles off and is found to have a houseful of old audio gear which promptly gets dumped or sold. Don’t mind being a nutter but don’t want to leave a mess for someone else...if that makes sense.

Spent the last 2 days in the garden pottering and enjoying the sunshine. I love the picture of the Robin I took. They are so innocent looking aren’t they? Skimmed the leaves and duckweed off the pond. Trimmed back a few trees and made a geranium shelf for the pond deck area. I love my decked area by the way.

Today I’ll start on whittling down the record collection. My aim to reduce it by 50% (or a 1000 LP records) so that should take some time. It’s one of those jobs I don’t want to start really. Sometime this week Nick and I will go watch the new Star Trek movie at the Imax 3D cinema in Manchester. That looks cool...but how much more mileage can they get from this I wonder. Science fiction used to be all about looking to the future but they seem to be getting closer and closer to the present time. I think there are some steamy scenes in the new film and well...when they bring sex into science fiction you just know the skids are under the genre.

Ps heard of Scottish singer Susan Boyle yet? Look her audition up for ‘Britain’s Got Talent’ on YouTube (she’s already been booked to go on Oprah...she’s that good.)

We’ve decided we like President Obama a lot...honest demeanour and way of talking and he’s funny too. Why can’t we have someone like that here instead of the money-grubbing fraudsters we have currently. What a fine example those British MP’s have set the rest of us here huh! Commit fraud and lie or say sorry if you get caught...no wonder the country is getting in such a mess. I reckon it’s just about to all go down the pan shortly and I wonder what are those European parliament MP’s claiming as expenses? I am sure that story will run very shortly as the EU has got to be the biggest gravy train in the world. I wish I could have a second home never mind claiming the expenses on it from the taxpayer.

Anyway enough of this politic gloom the sunshine looks inviting so I’m off to the garden till the rain gets here later.

See you later.