Tuesday, January 05, 2010

5th Jan 2010

Well the New Year has come in on icy wings that have unfolded to hurl torrents of snow downward. I left my car at home and walked to work (3 miles) this morning as I could see the day was not going to improve and it hasn’t. It took 45 minutes and it has been a long time since I walked to work, or remember snow so thick and deep, clinging to the tree branches like a shadowy silhouette in white. It is stunningly beautiful though; in the brief way that urban snow is, till the cold and the damp turn it to grey. I took some photos of the trees as I thought it might be a long time till I see them like this again. I’ll put them on the blog so enjoy the photos of the trees at my work. The heavy snow is passing south this afternoon so hopefully tomorrow everything should have returned back to normal. Mike took some photos also today and I’ll put some of them on too
Hope you are having a good start to the year and at least we can remember that the days are lengthening and soon the cold will pass and spring shall be upon us once again. All my best wishes