Monday, January 25, 2010

I begin to see it all now and as the days lengthen into spring so too does my mind. Light rushes in to fill the day and knowledge invades ignorance to envelop the consciousness in wonder. I see now life was not about living at all. Living begins when there is nothing left to hold on to. When we finally see that life is indeed futile but more importantly ultimately it is transient, does our soul shake free the chains we wrap ourselves in? I no longer feel the wind or the warmth of the sun, nor taste the air, because I have become a part of all these things. I have become the essence of the world.
     So ask me now what I see? It is a world of colour. I see colour, I am colour. If I could paint you a May dawn of light and shade with a glistening dew on green grass, brown earth and a blue sky caressed by a yellow sun then you would begin to see a little of this new world. But you wouldn’t feel the warmth and the innate calm that wreaks an almost painful joy on every moment.
     I am a tall tree rushing into growth, a robin singing the new day, a rainbow in a gentle rain and scented in new mown hay, baking bread and freshly ground coffee. I have become the sum of every joyous day and yet beside the guardians I seem but a child. For each of them is the sum of a millennia of rebirth, they are pyramids of existence. I could never seek to describe them yet, for I have not gained the vision or skill, but one day.