Sunday, February 21, 2010

21st Feb 2010

Wow Sunday already...haven’t had much time this week with little Robbie needing attention and lots of watching. I’m learning to be especially suspicious when he’s quiet! He’s very bright though and learns things quickly; that may or may not be a good sign. He’s also discovered the outdoor yard and has been having a whale of a time rolling around in the snow this weekend. He’s also learnt that if he does other stuff he gets lavish praise and a treat. He’s a quick learner and does most of his business outside now...that’s a relief. He can be boisterous though and scrambled up Nick’s face yesterday making a deep gash in his ear from his sharp claws. So first blood to Robbie and now if he’s chewing my big toe I think I’ll stop him.

I’ve bought a baby gate and I have been bewildered by just how much different stuff is available. I swear they’ll have puppy Pampers any day soon. It wasn’t like this when Jenny was a puppy.

It’s been snowing on and off all weekend but hasn’t reached any great depth and doesn’t look likely too. When I was walking to work the other morning the snow fell thick and fast and I was entranced watching the swirling flakes cast shadows under the streetlights. It was like a swarm of insects in a summer thermal. Almost spooky I thought. Right enough for the moment. He’s in the other room...he’s quiet and I should be worried.

Just checked...I think he’s got a grumpy look at being ignored. Hope you had a good weekend. I’ll try to do my pictures later.