Monday, October 15, 2007

15th Oct 2007

Thought you might enjoy these autumn pictures from the garden. I like them all but the one with the cobweb filled with large drops of water is my favourite. These misty mornings fill every shrub with thousands of silken architectural creations. One is under no illusions about how many spiders there truly are in a few feet of ground.

I spent a little time in the garden over the weekend and at this period of the year the time is taken with maintenance and getting things ready for the winter. Still it was a dry and pleasant day although the clouds came later as I finished.

Mikes’ sister and husband came for dinner Saturday. We had a lovely four course meal and watched the England and France rugby match. We won so it was all bearable in the end. Our team played well and deserved to win.

Not long now to the autumnal equinox and the clock change by one hour. Then darkness shall wrap both the mornings and the evenings. Not my favourite time of the year I have to say. Hope you had a good weekend.

If you’re reading this Scott...hope you’re ok. No had any e-mails so wondering. Take Care.