Sunday, October 28, 2007

Had a scenic drive with Nick this morning around some of the beautiful Trough of Bowland. We went via Clitheroe to Bashall Eaves (sounds like somewhere a hobbit would live,) Whitwwell, Slaidburn, Waddington and Dunsop Bridge. The light was excellent and it picked up the gold’s and oranges of the trees framed on the blue-grey sky. I didn’t have my camera but trust me when I tell you it is breathtaking. Have a look at the following sites and see if you don’t agree. I shall be back soon and this time I won’t forget my camera.

http://www.forestofbowland.com/visit_villages.asp

http://www.countryside.gov.uk/Images/JCA34_tcm2-21084.pdf

So please accept these photos I took in the garden this afternoon. All show the onset of autumn.
My high spot of the week was being told my blood pressure is 150/100 (quite high) so it’s a low sodium diet from here on in. But as I told the nurse if it is so high you’d think it could make it to the most important bit a bit more often...hope you had a good weekend.