Thursday, December 04, 2008

The darkness closing in with a rose tinged sunset in the west. The still blue sky framed the crescent moon almost to first quarter and the first stars were beginning to sparkle and glisten. The air cold, the paths sheened with icy cobbles that took the remaining light and twinkled a starlit path for my footsteps. Funny but the birds were singing even into the cold and dusky evening and it lifted my heart and I had the greatest thoughts of you and I so wished you were at my side. I couldn’t bear ever the thought that it could be someone else there. I love you so with all my heart and my heart is strong yet gentle and sensitive as the gossamer threads that hang from a leaf and support the spider. Slender and strong, yet so easily broken. Promise me you’ll never break my heart…for I could not bear it. Surely as the spider I should fall and never again be whole in my lifetime. For in loving you I place all I am within your hands and I do know you will take the best care of it. For you are my love and I yours and we shall take care of each other always.