Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Tuesday 9th Dec 2008

It’s been a long cold week up to this point. We had a couple of large snow falls a week ago and almost every night since has seen minus temperatures. Despite several days of rain some of the snow still lingers along the path and field edges that are sheltered from the elements. It’s unusual to be so cold before Christmas so the plants and animals are likely to have a tough time of it till spring. Incidentally the cat I fed on the yard wall never came back again so I hope it found its way home.

Could it be the frost is the guardian of the innocents?
Hiding them away from the warm in a crucible of frost
That shimmers and spreads across the damp meadows
Bringing me a glaucous night underneath spreading stars

I’m currently off work as I have a heavy cold...likely I’ll return tomorrow. Felt really poorly over the weekend and yesterday, but getting better again. I don’t like not being well because it always makes me wonder too much for my own good.

Wednesday 10th Dec 2008

Well there and back again and another day at work passes...had to go a lifting and slinging refresher this afternoon for 4 hours...fabulous. I don’t know how I kept awake through it. Still feeling a lot better today although the cough is always the last to go away. It is getting very close to Christmas now just a little over 2 weeks ad I’ve done nowt (Lancashire for sod all,) as of yet...bah humbug! Lucky we have Amazon...dropping a big hint there.

Hope you’re well and hey if I win the rollover lottery I’ll come and visit and may even buy lunch.

Time slows and stills and yet the rhythmic tempo never stops
No matter the reason or the need it flows and spirals
Into tomorrow and if I do nothing...so shall it still come
To lead me into a beautiful dream where we are together

Take care.